PDA

View Full Version : Argentine Air Force Sistema.

Prince Humperdink
08-03-2019, 06:50 PM
I picked up this Sistema because I can't afford a USGI,and I'm really happy with it.The barrel doesn't match(it's 1698 off),but is bright and shiny.Has a faint,tiny CAI import stamp from when they were still in VT.Shoots pretty good too.I paid just over $650 shipped,not super,but within my budget.First shot was the one at the bottom of the paper,I'll admit that I'm a poor shot,but all my nerve damage and RA dictate :D

cuppednlocked
08-03-2019, 09:10 PM
Very nice pistol.

Eli
08-03-2019, 11:13 PM
Nice! Those were cheap back in the day, finding one that hasn't had all the unique parts removed and replaced with cheap pot metal stupidity isn't easy. My first handgun was a 1948 vintage Argy Colt, I still have it and won't sell it. They're keepers, for sure!

Eli

Prince Humperdink
08-04-2019, 11:59 AM
I just found out yesterday that there were only 4,285 that went to the Air force,so that makes me like her even more.

Orlando
08-04-2019, 02:07 PM
Looks good Humpi!!

Polock
08-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Cool to have it Air Force marked! Basically, you have a clone of the USGI 1911A1. Enjoy your cool pistol--

nchillbilly
12-14-2019, 12:42 AM
I picked up this Sistema because I can't afford a USGI,and I'm really happy with it.The barrel doesn't match(it's 1698 off),but is bright and shiny.Has a faint,tiny CAI import stamp from when they were still in VT.Shoots pretty good too.I paid just over $650 shipped,not super,but within my budget.First shot was the one at the bottom of the paper,I'll admit that I'm a poor shot,but all my nerve damage and RA dictate :D

That is a FINE ARGENTINE COLT. Be very proud of it.

The closest I'm ever getting to a P88 is my long barrel & long slide Bersa Thunder 9. If you have the slide, barrel, and spring you can make the Thunder 9 into a Thunder 40 is what I've heard. Before people realized they were military pistols I bought a Thunder 9. Then bought a complete .40. Wood grips, nice bluing.

Gotta remember, over in Brazil you had Imbel, which second to the Belgian FAL, is the FAL where I'm concerned.

Punch The Clown
12-14-2019, 09:47 AM
Nice catch Ryan. Way better than what the cmp has been offering up.