PDA

View Full Version : Remington M40

Orlando
12-05-2019, 07:10 AM
Anyone here into these rifles? I have a itch I need to scratch and one of these may just do it. Expensive buggers though

Punch The Clown
12-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Close. I have an M24 complete with the huge deployment kit. I don't shoot it as it's an investment. I have a PSS for shooting.

Orlando
12-05-2019, 06:13 PM
Well I meant a clone, my pockets aren't deep enough for a original.

Bob W
12-05-2019, 09:00 PM
You going to do a "Green Meanie" with the fiberglass stock or wood?

Orlando
12-06-2019, 06:41 AM
While I do love the looks of the fiberglass stock I will probably do the wood and steel version. Right now Im open, whatever comes my way

Orlando
12-07-2019, 08:24 AM
I found a guy who has a M40A1 built by Texas Brigade Armory.
I dont know what he wants for it yet. Anyone know about the company that built it?

Parga
03-15-2021, 12:28 AM
It's an old thread that I just now saw, here are a group of M40s I built a few years ago. The M40 and the bottom 40A1 are mine, the battle worn A1 and A3 were customer builds

Punch The Clown
03-15-2021, 01:13 AM
Beautiful rifles. Is that a smear and a forest camo?

Parga
03-15-2021, 05:45 PM
They are. The smear stock is mine

Punch The Clown
03-15-2021, 05:50 PM
They are. The smear stock is mine

Very Nice!

Joker_from_TN
09-21-2022, 09:36 PM
I built one of these about 12 years ago. It was a clone build, but it was built off an original Remington 700 receiver that the serial number was within the correct serial number range for the real ones. I had it also cut for the clip slot and if I remember correctly it was Texas Brigade Armory that did the work on it. It had a correct mount replica made by Badger (I think? It's been a good decade ago) and the scope, while the right model of Redfield with the little ranging tab, was a black one that had been professionally duracoated to green, as I couldn't find an original green anodized one. The stock had to be reworked to match the original pattern, but it came out nice. As I recall, the buttplate was not easy to find the right metal one. LOTS of little details on them that differ between the originals and the commerative version that Remington sold. A good overall clone, but little things like the script font on the "Remington" logo, etc. are different. If I can ever find the pictures I had of it I will post them, but I think they were all on the hard drive that got fried a while back. The gun itself and the XM-21 clone both got put into my shop inventory and sold back when I had my FFL. LOTS of stuff passed through back then that now I wish I had kept, but at the time it was a business selling guns, so with RARE exceptions, if I had a gun and someone met my price, it got sold.