PDA

View Full Version : Italian Breda Made barrel markings explanation, please

jason60chev
12-28-2019, 08:49 AM
Hello Battle Tested Friends,

Here is a challenger and/or Head Scratcher.......

I am assembling an Italian Breda Danish contract M1 and am searching for a BREDA made 30-06 barrel.

There is one that I am currently evaluating, but I have a question about the right side barrel marking....2808

As can be seen, the barrel marking is, "B. SID. 62 1955"

What does the "62" mean? I have seen several barrels marked in a similar manner, but with Different digits in the middle.
Does anyone have any idea how to decipher this?

Thanks,

Jason

FluffyTheCat
03-10-2020, 12:57 AM
Breda Siderurgica. Made on the 62nd day of 1955.

jason60chev
03-10-2020, 04:42 AM
Thank you! Do you have a reference for that info?

ZBeast
05-12-2020, 11:35 PM
Thank you! Do you have a reference for that info?

Very little reference materials left regarding the Italian contract builds. There is a book called The Italian Garand that may be of help but it expensive and written in Italian.

jason60chev
05-13-2020, 03:23 AM
I have that book and a translator App for my iPad. There is no mentions about, really about barrel production nor how they are marked.

Very little reference materials left regarding the Italian contract builds. There is a book called The Italian Garand that may be of help but it expensive and written in Italian.

jason60chev
05-13-2020, 03:24 AM
Hello.....That kinda makes sense, but wish to know if you are speculating or if you have a reference, if factual. Where did you come by this information? I understand that
Breda Siderurgica is/was a steel manufacturer, in Italty, for a number of years. Would still appreciate documentation, if available. Thanks.

Breda Siderurgica. Made on the 62nd day of 1955.