PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus checks

Bob W
03-18-2020, 12:53 PM
I can't think of a better place to spend my incoming stimulus check than on firearms......Thanks for your help Dems !

canes7
03-18-2020, 01:44 PM
I’m buying hookers and blow. Just kidding.

DeltaTango
03-18-2020, 06:56 PM
I’m buying hookers and blow. Just kidding.

And wasting whatever is left over? LOL

SWOH
03-21-2020, 12:32 AM
Either a Bula M14 or finishing my BM59 build with Tim - tough choices.

Bob W
03-21-2020, 12:48 PM
I'd go with the BM-59 before the price goes up.

Hee Heee! Sometimes I really crack me up.

Actually, read this morning now they're talking about the money as a tax credit. All the same to me, but I hope they send checks or some folks won't get it unless it's a refundable credit.

SWOH
03-23-2020, 04:35 AM
If they're going to do it at all, it should be tangible and utilizable, not something deferred until next April when it comes back to folks in their refund/overpayment reimbursement. The whole point was that it was going to bail out folks at the bottom end that lost their jobs or were otherwise hurt by this shutdown and have few resources to cope. I'm not sure that we should be giving handouts, but then Uncle and the states have mandated that folks start closing up shop and not work, so one form of govt. intervention that damages the economy probably ought to be offset somehow, though it means borrowing more from China - how ironic?

Bob W
03-24-2020, 01:21 PM
Right, well, the Senate plan amended to cash (checks) sent, and wanted to base it on 2019 tax returns, (or 2018 if 2019 not filed yet). The Dems objected on many grounds, but largely because their precious illegals and other supporters are largely a cash based underground economy, except when it comes to gorging on public assistance, and they would not benefit. (No votes bought)