PDA

View Full Version : Front and rear sights

garandtom
04-28-2020, 08:54 PM
Hey guys! Have a quick question, what sights are used on the mini g? I have a socom with giant front sight and the ghost ring aperture. Are the sights on the mini g special like the socom?

JGW
04-28-2020, 09:19 PM
GarandTom - While there are many more expert guys on this forum than I expect I will ever be, let me give this a shot (and guys, if I screw it up please correct me)!

Mini G uses standard M1 sights. Or standard National Match sights. M1 or M14. Or BM 59 sights. I've been meaning to order a BM 59 front sight from Standard Parts (link below), which is a more narrow front sight than even the NM sight (it's about .45 vs .62) which should provide a better sight picture than a standard, or even NM, front sight, due to the shortened barrel.

https://www.standardpartsllc.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=592&idcategory=26

JGW

Punch The Clown
04-29-2020, 10:01 AM
JGW is correct IMHO. I used a BM59 front sight on my rifle because of the shorter sight radius.

seaninmich
04-30-2020, 12:43 PM
JGW is correct IMHO. I used a BM59 front sight on my rifle because of the shorter sight radius.

IIRC, the BM59 front sight was designed for shorter barrel. I have some if you're shopping