PDA

View Full Version : Another 'Help' Question

ZBeast
03-30-2022, 12:43 PM
This time it is trigger group related. It seems that there a few folks up here in The Great White North think I an The Wizard of Garands. No, I am just a hobbyist that likes to make them work. Today I received in the mail an packet with what may be a hand grenade in it. Safety not working and so disassembly ensued. First mistake was trigger pin out with the hammer cocked. Second mistake was removing hammer pin. So.... send it to me. I look at it and am wondering what part should be sacrificed to get this thing apart. Any suggestions guys? I am up for any suggestions. Thanks upfront, ZB.

seaninmich
03-30-2022, 01:42 PM
you shouldn't have to sacrifice anything. if you lack the hand strength, use a couple clamps to push everything into the position it should be. reinstall the hammer pin.

Punch The Clown
03-31-2022, 09:14 AM
In a daze I once did the same thing. It was like a rubiks cube but as Sean said it will come apart

Orlando
03-31-2022, 11:29 AM
Use a punch that is alittle smaller than the trigger or hammer pin and work it into the hole and pry the trigger or hammer back into position. Pull trigger to release hammer. Then disassemble as normal

Prince Humperdink
04-01-2022, 07:05 AM
Use a punch that is alittle smaller than the trigger or hammer pin and work it into the hole and pry the trigger or hammer back into position. Pull trigger to release hammer. Then disassemble as normal

This is the method that I've used.

ZBeast
04-06-2022, 06:59 PM
At this moment I have thrown it in the 'Fookin' piece o' crap bin'. I have lost any patience I had on this thing and will just leave it be until I am in a sane state of mind.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Punch The Clown
04-06-2022, 10:03 PM
Have a beer, soak in the tub, and have another look at it tomorrow. I just did the same thing recently on an M14. It will go back together, and then come apart the correct way.