PDA

View Full Version : Chicago things to do??

MH53GUNNER
07-13-2011, 09:50 AM
I will be leaving tomorrow for a week in Chicago tagging along with the wife for a business trip. Any recomendations for things to see or do?

I think the business district that I am staying in offers companionship, so I am covered in that area.;)

cuppednlocked
07-13-2011, 11:35 AM
My sister and her family live there. Here are some suggestions:

In order of my preference;
Museum of Science and Industry (U-505 exhibit... sign up to go inside) http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/u-505/

The Shedd Aquarium http://www.sheddaquarium.org/

The Field Museum (the Tsavo lions don't look that impressive, but Sue is cool as hell to me...) http://fieldmuseum.org/

Cubs game at Wrigley (even if you aren't a big baseball fan).

If you would like some dinner suggestions from locals (north side of town!) let me know and I'll get my sister to get a list together. We've had some amazing meals when we visit.

Prince Humperdink
07-13-2011, 12:49 PM
You can go engage in Political corruption(sorry,not War Room).

canes7
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Duck and run. Typically needed on the south side.

timshufflin
07-13-2011, 02:49 PM
You are kidding right? I know that hole pretty well and here's a list of positive and negative issues;
I looked really hard and did find some nice spots for my tree stands.
Even though I found some nice trees, you could sit there for years and never see a deer.
Lake Michigan is close by, get a fishing charter and kill some King Salmon.
When you go fishing, you'll see that hole of a city off in the distance and wish you were dead.
Go and get some great chicago style pizza!
When you eat the pizza it's made by people who vote for democrats, takes the joy out of it.
There are lots of places to get drunk but that's not what it's about, chicago has some GREAT steak places.
I would recommend the downtown chicago athletic club for a steak. Chances are good that a conservative is being benefited by your order at the athletic club.

cuppednlocked
07-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Chances are good that a conservative is being benefited by your order at the athletic club.

It's funny you think there are conservatives that live inside the city of Chicago... My brother in law was a die hard conservative (lived in the 'burbs as they call it). A few years living in the city caused him to change his tune.

LEAD POISON
07-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Bass pro shop in Gurney.R guns on the north end of CHI.

REHRIFLE
07-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Rent a car and drive out of state. :)

timshufflin
07-13-2011, 06:50 PM
cuppedenlocked, there are conservatives EVERYWHERE!

Big Ben
07-13-2011, 07:13 PM
You could register to vote multiple times.
The pizza is a good idea and I'd check out a Cubs game, it's a neat old park, not to many of those left.

BRUTUS
07-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Rent a car and drive out of state. :)

My thoughts EXACTLY! I would strongly recommend NORTH........(Say HI to LP for me!!!-oh, and my folks!)

LEAD POISON
07-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Come on up to Milwaukee.I'll show you my junk, Ahh I mean stuff.
We can go bowling or cruise and look for Polish girls.You know BBW.
We can talk WWI and Pirate ships.

All kidding aside If you get a chance to come up here do so.No castle but it's all mine (& hers).
You can PM me.
You never know I might not be nuts.:confused:

dogboysdad
07-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Goose Island? O'Bama's birthplace?

MH53GUNNER
07-13-2011, 09:17 PM
"We can go bowling or cruise and look for Polish girls.You know BBW."

Now were talking I love Polish women. Now that they are part of NATO they are comrades. The only reason I am really going is it is a free trip for the most part. Just have to put up with the wife for a week.

Sounds like a real cespool of a City. Maybe I can stop in City Hall and see how corruption looks in real life.

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency on the Magnificent Mile, Nothing but the best for the U.S. Government workers. I am looking for a cardboard box, tin cup and a sign that says homeless democratic veteran. Maybe I can pick up some coin during my visit.

Wonder if i will see communist posters of the idiot mayor Robin whats his name. I know there are bust of the Daily family all over the city.

howie
07-14-2011, 07:50 AM
You're going to Chicago? Are you nuts? There are only two good things about that town, one being the Bears, who are currently locked out, and the Blackhawks, and hockey season is over.

I hate that town. My wife has never been there and wants to go really bad. I've refused to take her. I'd rather spend eternity eating shards of broken glass than spend one minute in Chicago.

canes7
07-14-2011, 09:18 AM
I've been to Chicago a few times. There are good things to do, and most have been mentioned here. Like I said before though, stay away from the south side.

Timmy is right.. there are conservatives everywhere, just let 'em know it's OK to come out of the closet now.

REHRIFLE
07-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Go to obama’s 2014 presidential campaign headquarters and get some t-shirts and bumper stickers.

herrmann
07-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Duck, MF !

timshufflin
07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Go to obama’s 2014 presidential campaign headquarters and get some t-shirts and bumper stickers.

This is exactly what I would do because I do love oboombyama and his politics. oboombyama may be to conservative for the people of illinois though.

JWinILL
07-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Not a good place to go right now http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=224639207565289

Their new idiot chief of police thinks it is the fault of those being attacked,mostly elderly and white.Be VERY AWARE of your surroundings.

toolman
07-16-2011, 05:44 PM
I think enough has been said! Ill hold my tongue!! Peace toolman

NightMaher
07-20-2011, 09:10 PM
I had a chance to spend a long weekend there last year and I had a good time. If it weren't for the f'd up politics, I think Chicago could be a cool town. The people there were friendly as hell, every time we got lost, there seemed to be someone there to not only tell us how to get there, but more often then not, they were willing to show us the way. Try that in New Yahk! I wouldn't want to live in Chi-Town, but a pretty cool place to visit.

cannonshooter
07-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Id rather go to East New York naked wearing a sign that say " I hate Black People" than go to Chicago. "Chicago were the dead have been voting multiple times in each election since Lincoln was President" . Only in Chicago is there more votes cast than there are residents.
Mack