PDA

View Full Version : Watching Battlefield los angeles

timshufflin
07-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Remember, this is not the war room so no saucy comments. I'm just thinking though how cool it would be if there was a battle in los angeles. We could simply trade it off and be on our way. In this movie, all the east and west coast states get SAVAGED! Very cool but not very realistic, they actually resist. I don't know how they resist yet though, movies not over. Seems like a distinct lack of armed citizens would be a problem in this movie. I'll know in the next two hours.$auto$

timshufflin
07-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Movie was pretty darn good. Non stop action.

canes7
07-17-2011, 09:56 AM
I really liked that movie too. I can't remember the last time I said that about anything that came out of Hollywood.

sandsnow
07-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Wow, thanks a lot Tim

Nice to know that us battle tested memebrs here would be forgotten.;)

timshufflin
07-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Wow, thanks a lot Tim

Nice to know that us battle tested memebrs here would be forgotten.;)

Lost, but not forgotten LOL.

Schriv
07-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Would it make you guys trapped behind the lines feel any better if we all just assumed you had died bravely, fighting against the alien hordes?? Since I didn't see anyone armed with an M1, you all must have gone done fighting while resisting the initial assault. Well done!!
We shall sing songs and drink to your glory in the warrior halls tonight.

timshufflin
07-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Boy the Marines were brave in that movie! At the end, the small band of Marines reports back to base and the CO tells them that since they saved all mankind they should feel free to take a nap and have a bite to eat. I thought it a kind gesture for those who just saved humanity for all times, didn't you all? Not these Marines though, after 24 straight hours of fighting aliens they grab some more ammo and head back out. Ah the chivalry.

sandsnow
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Would it make you guys trapped behind the lines feel any better if we all just assumed you had died bravely, fighting against the alien hordes?? Since I didn't see anyone armed with an M1, you all must have gone done fighting while resisting the initial assault. Well done!!
We shall sing songs and drink to your glory in the warrior halls tonight.

Thanks Guys.

we would be like behind double enemy lines here between the liberals and the aliens.

Speaking of aliens, have you seen Falling Skies on TNT?

I thought it was a remake of the original V only with better special effects.

Schriv
07-17-2011, 06:48 PM
The remake of V was HORRIBLE. They took a campy 1980's show and made it even more stupid. I'm glad it was cancelled.
As for Falling skies, I'm still holding out hope for it. But it has some huge plot holes that don't seem to be getting filled. We have aliens that can cross interstellar space, conquer all the worlds organized military in weeks, but can't seem to get a handle on hundreds/thousands of armed (poorly) civillians living in an exposed area and travelling in groups.

sandsnow
07-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Falling Skies lost me at the first episode.

HighAngleHell
07-18-2011, 12:05 PM
That movie made me cringe. The Aliens were all hardcore at the beginning with superior tactics and by the end they had them looking like untrained Somalians in Black Hawk Down getting owned by the Marines. I am going to keep my opinion to myself about the Airforce Female. Tim, I thought the same thing about the civilians lol. The movie would have been a touch different if they invaded Texas or Florida!

Prince Humperdink
07-18-2011, 01:52 PM
I haven't seen BLA .Is this on DVD,or Television?

canes7
07-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I haven't seen BLA .Is this on DVD,or Television?

DVD DVD DVD (Damn 10 character limit).

Schriv
07-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Was the movie realistic...No. (Is that even possible for a Sci-Fi movie??) But was it entertaining? HELL YES.
I enjoy seeing a movie that doesn't portray our service personnel as mindless, robotic drones with some evil agenda. Hollywood doesn't turn out many movies like this and I'm glad to see it for a change.
As for the alien tech, I saw an enemy that drops in from space in a similar fashion to our paratroops. Jump in with the bare minimum equipment needed to establish a beach/bridgehead and wait for the heavy stuff to arrive. Since this movie covered less a 36 hour time period, we only saw the initial landings. The ending left itself open to a sequel or two. We saw the pathfinders land, and saw some of their technology. But you didn't see the alien carriers or dropships etc. in orbit that brought the landing force. Nor did we even see the whole city of LA being recaptured. Just one small fight in what was obviously a very big war.