PDA

View Full Version : What's the chances of getting a Consecutive numbered receiver!

paid4c4
07-19-2011, 11:22 PM
There is a small dealer which I buy, sell and trade with. Several years ago I purchased a Double Star AR15 receiver from him. I just finished that bottom with a 5.7X28 upper which I posted in a separate thread. Today I stopped at the shop and purchased another Double Star receiver for a .22 cal build. When I got it home I decided to compare it to my other receiver. That's when I discovered the two receivers are consecutive numbers, brothers in arms so to speak. Wonder what the chances are?

LEAD POISON
07-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Now that's cool.

MajorD
07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
in current production ar lowers it is actually rather easy -you can usually request it at no charge. most companies an ffl isd going to buy lowers from are going to send a batch which you would think be in a serial number range close. that your dealer got in 2 consecutive numbered lowers is not a surprise- that the second one stayed in inventory for do long without being sold is the amazing part.

LEAD POISON
07-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Allans armory just sold consecutive numbered 1969 Albanian SKS's For $1000.00 They didn't last a day.