PDA

View Full Version : My first Trigger Job

Orlando
07-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Did my first Garand trigger job today. Got alittle overconfident and didnt go SLOW and went alittle to far:mad:
Was afraid I really botched it but with alittle work on the trigger I was able to pull it out .
Turned out OK for my first hack job, breaks clean at 5lbs.

BRUTUS
07-20-2011, 08:25 PM
What did you over do that could be saved by tweaking the trigger?

timshufflin
07-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Went to far on hooks and then went at the back of the trigger to add weight. It's good to know how to add weight because a trigger job is only good for maybe 500 to 1500 shots. When you can add weight, you're good for just about ever.

BRUTUS
07-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Went to far on hooks and then went at the back of the trigger to add weight. It's good to know how to add weight because a trigger job is only good for maybe 500 to 1500 shots. When you can add weight, you're good for just about ever.

Is that a trade secret, or how do you "add weight"? Understand if you don't want to divulge........

timshufflin
07-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Not a secret at all. I would need photo's or video to explain though bud.

paid4c4
07-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Tim, could doing a trigger job be a "how to video"? I'm sure we would all understand if it's a trade secret.
Bill

timshufflin
07-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Again, no trade secret at all. Larry Lapriester taught me how to do them. He has a photo shoot thread over on the CMP and goes through it pretty well. I don't know that he has the how to on lowering the trigger weight. You all know what? I have Stu coming down soon and I'll have that boy whip us up a video or two for you all. I gots not camera man anymore.

paid4c4
07-20-2011, 09:29 PM
We're all looking forward to another Cecil B. DeShuff moment. And with Stu to be the director, producer and cameraman those videos might end up being award winning videos. I'm sure I speak for others who will be waiting with baited breath.
Bill

Punch The Clown
07-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Again, no trade secret at all. Larry Lapriester taught me how to do them. He has a photo shoot thread over on the CMP and goes through it pretty well. I don't know that he has the how to on lowering the trigger weight. You all know what? I have Stu coming down soon and I'll have that boy whip us up a video or two for you all. I gots not camera man anymore.

The car has been rented from Enterprise. I figure why put all that wear and tear on mine. They asked me if I was going any distance. I told them just local. I hope they don't have GPS in them.

timshufflin
07-20-2011, 09:36 PM
The second annual Hathcock invitational is about to commence, let the games begin! This year we have new, high demand, events. Get ready!

paid4c4
07-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Tim, if the two of you get into anything interesting that can be discussed in public please take pictures and keep us advised. We'll understand if it's something best not shared, Stallion.

BRUTUS
07-20-2011, 10:44 PM
You gonna have helmetcam, Stu.....?I'm sure others like myself would love to see the intial hug,(oh yeah, and the trigger stuff) to the longing, kiss good bye..........:D$clapper$

cuppednlocked
07-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Kinda "Brokeback Mountain" meets "Cloverfield"...

timshufflin
07-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey now this started as trigger talk, not pillow talk.

cuppednlocked
07-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Sorry, thought this was the war room!