PDA

View Full Version : My Tractor Gun

musketjon
07-22-2011, 12:44 AM
.............is en route. Scheduled for delivery to my ffl next Wednesday. I've got to wait 10 days after that to actually take posession of it. Pics when she arrives home. I'm so excited I almost can't stand it.
Jon

Prince Humperdink
07-22-2011, 12:55 AM
What a tease...Geeze

Punch The Clown
07-22-2011, 01:09 AM
That 10 day wait is a good idea. Tons of people in the heat of the moment buy IHC's to blow someone away. Thank G_D for that "cooling off period".

cuppednlocked
07-22-2011, 05:53 AM
No doubt the waiting period will save someone's life!!!

herrmann
07-22-2011, 08:56 AM
No doubt the waiting period will save someone's life!!!

Unless, of course, Musketjon has a coronary.

paid4c4
07-22-2011, 11:56 AM
All the ten day cooling off period does is to change the method of death. A person angry enough to shoot someone will still kill they'll just use a hammer, knife, ax, hatchet, car, pipe, bow and arrow, ect, ect, ect. I guess that means in your state the 2nd Amendment only takes effect after ten days. Remember when death and mayhem are just seconds away the police are only minutes away.
Bill

Orlando
07-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Cant wait to see it. A IHC is on my Bucket List

Dave
07-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Congradulations! Of course you'll post pics. I wish I had more. I sold one for a friend quite a few years back, an early 4.44 postage stamp that had a half ass restoration. All IHC just not the correct early parts or wood and a total mismatch of finishes. We got $800 for it which was a lot back then. I wanted it bad myself but at the time I was deep into single parenthood (I had custody of both my kids) with the kids in all sorts of traveling sports leagues, martial arts and guitar lessons etc. There was no "hobby money" at the time.
He brought me 4 garands and asked me to sell whatever two I could get the most money for. He had no internet or computer and the local dealers were just insulting.
I posted all four and only got hits on that 4.44 IHC and a 2 mil SA that was all correct.
Funny thing is, I still have the remaining two rifles here. Been telling him for years to swing by and get them but he has'nt yet. My kids(now on their own) know I have them and they are tagged with his info in case something ever happens to me. One of them is another IHC, a 5.13 IIRC. Its also a half ass restoration with mismatched finishes etc but its all IHC except for the stock which is HRA. No one showed an interest in that one at the time as it has a rebuild marking on the receiver leg. I'd like to buy it from him now but unlike years past, he does'nt need to sell right now. Instead I just store them for him!
The other one is a 3.4 SA, partial restoration only needs a 1-45 barrel IIRC. That one has a real nice NFR stock on it. He does'nt want to sell that one now either.

sandsnow
07-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Congrat's Jon.

Who do you use for transfers?

What does he charge over the state fees?

toolman
07-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Ok i have to ask why the 10 day wait period? Here in indiana it arrives you go pick it up. peace toolman

sandsnow
07-23-2011, 02:51 PM
It's has to do with what people alluded to above.

It is supposed to be a cooling off period so someone can't rush out and buy a gun and kill someone in a fit of anger.

It used to be just handguns now it's all firearms.

Yeah, stupid, I know.

We probably need a bash California thread in the war room.

Cal30M1
07-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Glad I live in Florida. Long guns come home same day.

Hope you got a deal on that Tractor. :D

toolman
07-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Here in indiana everything comes home same day! (TMI) you get to play with her the same day! wink wink peace tooldaddy

Cant wait for your babys pic's! does she match?

sandsnow
07-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I'll add this to CA transfers

There's no wait on CMP rifles except how long CMP makes you wait.

And there is no wait on C&R long guns. Those you can still do face to face. Everything else goes through an FFL

musketjon
07-25-2011, 08:22 PM
[There's no wait on CMP rifles except how long CMP makes you wait.]

Don't let Jerry Brown, Barbara Boxer or Diane Feinstein know that or we'll end up like New Jersey and have to go through an 01 FFL even with the CMP.

sandsnow
07-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Amen to that