PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to E-7Ret

timshufflin
07-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Any of you see this thread on the CMP? http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=50631&page=3

E-7Ret blazes and Aimit bastardizes his words into strawmans. I say Bravo E-7Ret and I think it goes without saying that OF COURSE you're not talking about Felons being able to carry, you're talking about free men. When you become a felon, you give up freedoms as consequence of your betrayal of society.

Today, 12:08 PM
E-7Ret.
CMP Customer

I guess I must be the only one standing out in right field on this. On the subject of the Cops, they were wrong. They could have been dead-wrong. From my viewpoint, it's the Cops like this that prove LEOs need more control, not the citizens.

On Carrying concealed. This may not sit well with you Officers of the Law but, I don't care. 1.) I feel every State should have a Vermont-Style law for Carrying. That is, no law at all. Vermont is the only State that actually follows Constitutional law. The right to keep and BEAR arms is just that, a right, not a priveledge that can be controlled by the State or Law Enforcement. You all serve us, you don't control us. 2.) I feel personally that alot of the problem LEOs have with citizens exercising this RIGHT is a perceived loss of Power over the people. Here's a little wake-up call, people, honest,law-abiding people respect the Badge, not necessarily you. Respect for you comes from how much you respect others. It's not something that automatically comes with the Badge. You gentlemen are intrusted with protecting the public, you can't do that being heavy-handed with people. 3.) It shocks me to no end to hear of Police Officers stating that people shouldn't have relaxed laws on carrying firearms. More fighting for a last ounce of control and perceived power. You, of all people, should know that 98% of the time, you only face problems after the crime has been committed. You, most of the time, aren't there to deal with the actual crime in progress. Not your fault either. I guess it comes down to who's personal-safety is most paramount, yours or the victims. Sorry but, I side with the potential victims, as you should too. 4.) Every study done so far with even a shred of intellectual Honesty has shown that CCW Carriers are more law-abiding than the population in general. you have absolutely nothing to fear from CCW holders. Believe it or not, they're on your side. You all need to quit treating them like suspects and start trusting them like you want them to trust you.

Gotta get off this soapbox before it breaks.

timshufflin
07-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Oh, and this talk about getting to a call before the threat is actually done, I'm not buying aimits union loaded opinion. In my neck of the woods we can't get a police department that is 7 minutes drive time away to get anywhere near here within 20 minutes. This goes for our useless fire department too.

Orlando
07-28-2011, 06:18 PM
E-7Ret has always been a straight shooter as far as I'm concerned. Hes one of the few good guys left on the CMP forum

Colter44
07-28-2011, 08:12 PM
What's that saying, "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away."

Roadkingtrax
08-29-2011, 03:18 AM
That was a very good statement, I must have missed that one on the boards. :)

toolman
08-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Very good! peace toolman

howie
08-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Too bad they closed the post. I was gonna say something along the lines of I've been working Corrections for over 22 years, and I don't even talk to inmates the way that cop talked to the driver, and that includes the idiot 22 yr old kid who would have been home a month ago until he decided he'd try to assault me. Now he's sitting in Pontiac CC until January. As I took him to seg all I could say to him was, "Dude, you're supposed to go home in two months. You should be able to do that standing on your head!" A little respect goes a very long way, even in prison. Guys like that (the cop) will get someone other than themselves seriously fucked up where I work. We do't have much use for tough guys.

seaninmich
08-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Tim, you're a douche. Why would you start a thread about aimit and NOT put it in the war room for me???????? Stu says I'm supposed to be savaging people and aimit is just perfect for that.

sandsnow
08-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Bravo for E-7

I wish the cops would get more training and psychological screening. I think we would have a lot less of this.