PDA

View Full Version : Imported Colt Government

Punch The Clown
08-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm thinking of getting one. What ya think?
http://www.cruffler.com/JLD.html

Prince Humperdink
08-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Argentinian "Colts" are excellent Firearms.The Sistema was made under license,and all parts interchange with US models,but the Molina has few interchangable parts.both are rugged and reliable.

Punch The Clown
08-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm looking at the Colt mfg. If you look at the left side they are identical in markings to the US version. The right side has all that Argentine stuff. Stu

mixmaster
08-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Very interesting site. May check out what they are offering. Those Colts are just that.Colt sold a lot of them to Argentina. The mod 27s on the low end of this price range can be rebuilt to GI specs and make a really nice bogus 1911A1. The original finish was blue so when parked they are hard to tell from our mil spec 45s. The give a way is the method they used to serial number them. Oh well you can't have it all. All of the Argn markings are on the slide so a colt slide makes it a Colt The higher priced Colts are best left as is as they are true Colts and can be found priced in the same range as an unmarked Colt(not GI)
Thanks for the post Kid will check them out. Go for it as most I have seen are priced quite higher than those being offered.
Mix

mixmaster
08-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I had a Ballister Molina at one time. Some one had it engraved an nickled with ivory grips! It was one bling piece. Got it in a trade and it departed in a trade. The strange part of this whole thing was it shot like it was a NM. It may have been the gold plated hammer and trigger. I would not mind picking up another with out all the fancy stuff as it was a very good gun. It took the 1911 mags BTW.
Mix

llurpirate
08-10-2011, 08:18 AM
I think if you check the Cuffer site is old and not current. Be careful

Cal30M1
08-10-2011, 04:33 PM
$395 for a Colt and $270 for a Sistema?

Someone make a phone call! That sounds 10 years old!

If the prices are g2g I think I may have to get a Sistema for blast-o-matic duties.

jak
08-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I think if you check the Cuffer site is old and not current. Be careful

llurpirate is correct. That link is old. The link even ends with "old.html" Google search engine still has it out there near the top searches though.

Here's the link for the current cruffler page.

http://www.cruffler.com/

Halfway down the page type in red is this:

CRUFFLER.COM IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING ORDERS FOR JLD ENTERPRISES FOR ANY MERCHANDISE WHATSOEVER. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ORDERS TO CRUFFLER.COM

Bummer, I wanted one of the colts for that price too.

Punch The Clown
08-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Yeah, Paid4C4 checked it out and it's old. Looked too good to be true but it was right up there on Google. Oh well.

paid4c4
08-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Stu, next it will be new surplus jeeps packed in grease in big boxes.
Bill

deputy85
08-10-2011, 11:59 PM
That website is running on automatic has not been updated since 06

Punch The Clown
08-11-2011, 07:06 AM
I found another with P-51 Mustangs still in the crates. I'm checking it out.

Cal30M1
08-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Oh well. I was counting pennies! Too good to be true. :(