PDA

View Full Version : Mini G Center Scope Mount

loboft
08-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Hey, Tim. I know you said that you no longer purchased the center scope mount that you have in your video. Have you found any others? I will be interested in scoping my Mini G, and the only one I have found is by S&K, and not sure if it is a true center mount. I think it is slightly offset to the left. I would want the enbloc conversion you showed. Thanks.$commando$

paid4c4
08-14-2011, 11:33 AM
I have a center mount on my M14/Mini-G as seen in my avatar. Tim got it for me I know not where. Here is a link to the newest attempt at center mounted scopes for M1 Garands. They seem nice to me, maybe some of the guys who have one will comment. Good luck with your project.
Bill
http://www.m14.ca/

timshufflin
08-14-2011, 01:46 PM
P4C4 is correct, that scope mount does seem nice. I currently have one and have fired it but found the accuracy marginal. THEN I found out my mounting technique was marginal. I have to test it again.

paid4c4
08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
P4C4 is correct, that scope mount does seem nice. I currently have one and have fired it but found the accuracy marginal. THEN I found out my mounting technique was marginal. I have to test it again.
Tim, please keep us advised how it works after remounting. I'm thinking about one for an upcoming winter build.
Bill

Punch The Clown
08-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Bill, I shot with the mount Tim is talking about and it is a nice piece of work. Tim thinks it needs a few tweeks however. This mount is about 10x more sturdy than any M14 mount I've seen. Stu