PDA

View Full Version : My Mini is about finished

HighAngleHell
08-16-2011, 10:28 AM
All that is really left is to fine tune and shoot it a bunch(got 1,000 rounds of German surplus to start). If this scope red dot set up doesn't work for me then I am going to sell the stuff off and get a Aimpoint or Tripower. Only thing I am worried about is the height of the red dot and the durability of the set up. I may mod the scope ring nuts to make them detachable.
I am planning on using my adjustable V-tac sling off my work M4 after I get back to the states. I am iffy on the butt stock pouch because I like to practice weak side shooting so that may go. If I keep the butt stock pouch I am thinking of modifying it by adding a small cheek rest to the top. If I ditch it I am going to add a Karsten adjustable rest.
Lastly I may add some small universal picatinny rails to the sides incase I want to mount a flashlight and maybe a long rail on the bottom so I can add a magpul AFG or run a detachable bipod. I just worry that it may get to heavy and ridiculously tacticool but I am so used to having flashlights/lasers and junk of my work rifle.
Open to suggestions and thoughts since you guys have forgotten more then I know about these rifle.http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee509/rbradeen/richm1stock001.jpg

Cal30M1
08-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Not a rail fan but it looks like you're already drilled for a scope?

Looks good.

I pulled my stock pouch off too. It covers up my pretty wood. :D

cuppednlocked
08-16-2011, 10:15 PM
If you want to save some money you can make your own kydex cheek rest (just like the adjustable Karsten).

HighAngleHell
08-17-2011, 02:21 AM
If you want to save some money you can make your own kydex cheek rest (just like the adjustable Karsten).

I didn't think of that. you wouldn't happen to know of a write up would you?

Punch The Clown
08-17-2011, 05:04 AM
Here is the link from M14. It's also on a couple of other sites. Looks straightforward. Stu

http://m14forum.com/m14/42837-home-made-kydex-cheek-rest.html

timshufflin
08-17-2011, 05:09 AM
That clip pouch on the back, make sure the hole is over the sling swivel on the butt. The sling should attach right to the swivel point THROUGH the pouch. On the scope stuff, I'm of no use. You're speaking greek to me. I'm just a straight forward scope guy.

One last note, imagine that rifle in the stock on my signature line!

paid4c4
08-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Tim, I have imagined a miniG in the stock in your signature. So when ever you're ready to supply that stock please build me one. To answer you question "fired a G lately" I had all three of mine at the gun club last night. The guys all had fun with them and I think they're all converts.
Bill

HighAngleHell
08-17-2011, 11:47 AM
I would buy that stock in a quick second as long as I could still use the ultimak rail on top and it looks like you could. the rail on the bottom would be perfect for a magpul AFG or bipod.A single point sling adpater would be nice to have on it as well. Any luck finding someone to make it? What are you thinking they would go for? I would pay 300 easily.

cuppednlocked
08-17-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm using furniture bolts on mine (blackened brass). Can find them in the ACE hardware stores around here.

Rush2112
08-19-2011, 02:10 AM
Please keep us posted on which optic works.