Remington M40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington M40

Anyone here into these rifles? I have a itch I need to scratch and one of these may just do it. Expensive buggers though
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Close. I have an M24 complete with the huge deployment kit. I don't shoot it as it's an investment. I have a PSS for shooting.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Comment

Well I meant a clone, my pockets aren't deep enough for a original.
      "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Comment

You going to do a "Green Meanie" with the fiberglass stock or wood?

Comment

While I do love the looks of the fiberglass stock I will probably do the wood and steel version. Right now Im open, whatever comes my way

Comment

I found a guy who has a M40A1 built by Texas Brigade Armory.
            I dont know what he wants for it yet. Anyone know about the company that built it?

Comment

It's an old thread that I just now saw, here are a group of M40s I built a few years ago. The M40 and the bottom 40A1 are mine, the battle worn A1 and A3 were customer builds
              40s.jpg
              Last edited by Parga; 03-15-2021, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Beautiful rifles. Is that a smear and a forest camo?
                When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Comment

They are. The smear stock is mine

Comment

Originally posted by Parga View Post
                    They are. The smear stock is mine
                    Very Nice!

Comment

I built one of these about 12 years ago. It was a clone build, but it was built off an original Remington 700 receiver that the serial number was within the correct serial number range for the real ones. I had it also cut for the clip slot and if I remember correctly it was Texas Brigade Armory that did the work on it. It had a correct mount replica made by Badger (I think? It's been a good decade ago) and the scope, while the right model of Redfield with the little ranging tab, was a black one that had been professionally duracoated to green, as I couldn't find an original green anodized one. The stock had to be reworked to match the original pattern, but it came out nice. As I recall, the buttplate was not easy to find the right metal one. LOTS of little details on them that differ between the originals and the commerative version that Remington sold. A good overall clone, but little things like the script font on the "Remington" logo, etc. are different. If I can ever find the pictures I had of it I will post them, but I think they were all on the hard drive that got fried a while back. The gun itself and the XM-21 clone both got put into my shop inventory and sold back when I had my FFL. LOTS of stuff passed through back then that now I wish I had kept, but at the time it was a business selling guns, so with RARE exceptions, if I had a gun and someone met my price, it got sold.

Comment

Working...
                      X