Thread: Italian Garand Issue (maybe)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I guess I do not understand. Do you all know what it would take to ream a .308 to a 30/06 with a pull through finish reamer? I think I’d be reaming for 20 to 40 minutes. Doesn’t sound like a mistake. .308 is roughly .010 wider in diameter then 30/06 so, as Eli said, you’ll get a ringed case. New barrel time because nobody knows squat about the specs of the chamber that was done.

Your baby now !

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I guess I do not understand. Do you all know what it would take to ream a .308 to a 30/06 with a pull through finish reamer? I think I’d be reaming for 20 to 40 minutes. Doesn’t sound like a mistake. .308 is roughly .010 wider in diameter then 30/06 so, as Eli said, you’ll get a ringed case. New barrel time because nobody knows squat about the specs of the chamber that was done.
    If you're willing, I'll pack it up along with a new .308 barrel and the stripped bolt and have you do the barrel swap.

Sounds like the safest way to go.
    There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DTOM View Post
    If you're willing, I'll pack it up along with a new .308 barrel and the stripped bolt and have you do the barrel swap.

Sounds like the safest way to go.
    Yah just go to my order page and follow the instructions. If you have any questions give me a call.